Compare the Subaru Forester
See How the New Subaru Forester Matches Up Against the Competition
As the Stamford, CT Subaru dealer, it's our responsibility to pair Norwalk, Rye, Greenwich and Danbury area drivers with their ideal Subaru. One of our customers' favorites is the Subaru Forester, and it might be yours, too! While this small crossover SUV is part of an increasing crowded and ever-popular segment, the Forester manages to stay a head above the rest with its well-rounded design, reliable construction, and surefooted performance.
Needless to say, comparison shopping in this class can be a time-consuming task, so we've gone ahead and pitted the latest Forester against its top competitors to show how it outshines its less lustrous rivals. The new Forester outdoes all of the following competitors with its standard all-wheel drive (AWD) and available driver-selectable modes (for optimum traction on a variety of surfaces). Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, and Ford Escape drivers must pay more for AWD, and these vehicles don't even offer drive modes. The Forester is also designed for light off-road duty, while the others are restricted to pavement-only use.
Click on the tabs on the left hand side to keep reading more on how the Forester has a leg up on the competition!
Forester vs Honda CR-V
The Subaru Forester versus the Honda CR-V
Thanks in part to aluminum body materials, the Forester boasts a lighter curb weight than the CR-V
. The Forester is also taller and offers more headroom and a greater passenger volume
. It has a tighter turning radius
than the CR-V, as well, for more confidence around curves.
- The Forester notably outshines the CR-V in fold-flat cargo space. Who can't use a larger trunk for their junk?
- The Subaru STARLINK™ system can come equipped with such features as emergency assistance and remote access. The CR-V doesn't offer remote services or an emergency telematics system.
- The Forster flies past the CR-V when it comes to power, as the CR-V only comes with one engine, while the Forester offers a line-topping, potent turbocharged four-cylinder.
Forester vs Toyota RAV4
The Subaru Forester versus the Toyota RAV4
The Forester earns better fuel economy ratings than the RAV4
with the automatic transmission. And speaking of transmissions, the Forester offers a manual
while the RAV4 can only come equipped with an automatic.
- The RAV4 doesn't have an emergency telematics system or remote services either. Automatic collision notification and emergency assistance comes standard on the Forester, while remote access and security features are available.
- The addition of aluminum body material lends itself to the Forester's lighter curb weight, yet it's still taller and sports greater interior cargo and passenger space than the RAV4. Overall, the Forester also boasts more legroom and headroom than the RAV4.
Forester vs Ford Escape
The Subaru Forester versus the Ford Escape
The base Forester churns out more horsepower and torque than the Escape
and earns better fuel economy
with the automatic transmission.
- The Forester has an flawless safety record, while the Escape only earns a four-star government crash test rating.
- With six trim levels, the Forester offers many more model and feature choices than the Escape lineup. Even the base Forester comes equipped with a large standard touchscreen versus the Escape's small central display.
- The Forester is lighter, taller, and more spacious than the Escape. Both passengers and cargo have more elbow room in the Forester, and when you have an active or large family, that's valuable real estate you can't afford to skimp on.
Have your heart set on finding a Forester for sale in Stamford, CT? We don't blame you. With that inimitable balance of space, power, off-road capability, and safety, there's nothing else quite like it. You can find a wide array of models in the new inventory here at Subaru Stamford, and we encourage you to test drive whatever catches you eye. While you're here, feel free to reach out to our staff to find out what Forester lease or loan programs we can offer you.
Have questions about the Forester or our Subaru facility? We invite your inquiries at 877-356-9939.